Wednesday 26 August 2015

Ticket please - metal in my Art Journal - step by step

Hi and welcome
I think I am in a flow these days. I keep on bursting of all creativity and ideas for new stunning artwork - hihi..... But it is a lovely feeling and I am so pleased that I have the opportunity to make art. And I hope I inspired others to do the same.

Today I'll show you my Art Journal page that was inspired by the Metallica concert me and my husband was on last Thursday in my hometown Bergen in Norway. I hope you know Metallica....If you don't I can briefly tell you that Metallica is an American heavy metal band formed in Los Angeles, California. Metallica was formed in 1981 when vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield responded to an advertisement posted by drummer Lars Ulrich in a local newspaper.
Metallica has been listed as one of the greatest artists of all time by many magazines, including Rolling Stone, which ranked them 61st on its list of The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. So now you know a little of Metallica :-)

I'm in for the Challenge Ticket Please over at Simon Says Stamp. Here is the link to the sitehttp://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=2986

And here is my Metallica inspired Art Journal Page - With my ticket as a part of the art:


I love going to concerts and I'm sure we went for about four or five concerts each year both at home and abroad. Now in September we travel to Stocholm and experience U2 in "Globen", than in november this year it'ss Melody Gardot in Grieghallen in my home town. Earlier this year we experience Ryan Adams, also in my home town. Oh, Lucky me :-)

But now over to my newest page in my big Art Journal from Dylusions. I startet with the background - off course ;) Since the colour of the metal band Metallica is for the most, black, grey, blue, white and gold I og for these five colours on my page. I painted With a brush acrylic Paint and scrub over it With a tongue brush when the Paint where still wet, and use a note stamp to stamp notes here and there.
 
Then I grab my new stencil from Dina Wakley and used black and white acrylic paint and stab the paint on with a mini blending tool from Ranger. I also used a stencil called Dot Fade from Tim Holtz collection. Then I stamped some basic background from Dylusions and the Memoirs stamp from Rubber Dance.   In addition, I stamped notes with gold acrylic Paint.
 
 
I took a Tag and and used it to wipe up the rest of the paint on the workbench so I cut it and stamped notes With gold acrylic Paint, and the Collage Elements I stamp from Rubber Dance and I used the blending tool With Distress Ink black soot around the edge.

 
The guitars and lyrics I found on the internet. And of course the ticket it's my own that I used on Thursday at the Metallica concert. It was a very good concert. Very good music and very good atmosphere :-)
 
Here is some close ups:
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the final result. I am very pleased with it. I hope you enjoyed it and that I gave you some inspiration.


Let art meet art <3
 
Hope you will give me a comment just so I know you're out there :-) And please come and visit me again soon.
 
Hugs, Niti/Anita
 
oh, I almost forgot - I paintet the letters in Metallica with gold acrylic paint. Just so you know it :-)

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I am so happy that you and your husband had a good time at the concert. And I'm glad that you kept the ticket for your journal. Your page is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, "Ticket Please!" ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle. I was inspired by the theme Ticket Please. Now, after I made this page I want to do more of this. Maybe I will make a Concert Memory Journal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal page is Awesome!! Love the guitar!! I'm Jealous you got an actual ticket!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave me a comment! Hugses and hugses and warm wishes ♥