Thursday 7 January 2016

Fun fun fun with Gelli Plate and Package Tape


Hello and Happy New Year!


I am finaly back in my Craft room after a looong holiday ☺ I am so ready for doing some art no so I'm just starting by showing you my latest artwork:



This I made on my Gelli Plate, and I would like to show you step by step how I did this:

1. Take your Gel Printing Plate, cover some space with Delipaper. If you don't have Delipaper like me, you can use bakingpaper from your Kitchen.

 

2. Roll on acrylic paint with one or two colors. I've used two colors here; green and yellow


3. Find some stamps you want to use. I've used stamps from Rubber Dance.



4. Stamp all over your Gelli plate with different colors and different stamps.










5. Let it all dry. It is very important that it is all completely dry. This technique will not work if the paint is still wet.

6. Take your package tape and tape side by side all over your Gelli plate. Start at the top of your plate and tape all the way down. Make shore you're not overlapping.


7. Pull the tape of and then turn the backside up on your workingtable and ad some Metal Leaf in silver, gold or copper here and there on the tape where there is no paint. Don't use to much of the leaf, just a tiny bit here and there.





8. Ad colours on the open space where it's still sticky with Pan Pastel or Perfect Pearls with a brush. Use different color and different media on each strip for variation.



9. Clean your brush betwen the layers on a silicon mat.

Here is the final results, strips in beautiful bright colours and patterns. It's much more colorful and bright in reality. Try it and you will see ☺

You might use these colorful glossy strips to paste in your Art Journal as a window with a frame, like I will do.

And with this colourful beauty I'm joining the fun at:
Scrapiness - Utfordring #11: Mixed Media Desember/Januar - Using a lot of media like Gelli Plate, Tape, stamps, Paint, inks, Perfect Pearls, Pan Pastel and Bakingpaper.
Anything but cute - Challenge #9 - Ring out the Old, Bring in the New - My New is a New technique, using Package Tape as a Canvas, Metal Leaf and Bakingpaper.


All the stamps I've been used is from Rubber Dance. If you want to buy some stamps from Rubber Dance remember to use the code Anita2016 and you will get 15 % of on your purchase.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you come back soon. Please leave me a comment, I very much appriciate it!

Hugs, Anita

12 comments:

  1. A great tutorial, thanks so much for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tut, Anita! TFS. Now I might even also use mine, it's been sitting here for more than a year :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really gorgeous!! I am loving all the fresh, vibrant colours...such a breath of fresh air amid the dark, wet winter days! What a great technique, taking note of that one!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Bring in the New' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great and cool idea!!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just popped back to say thanks so much for joining in our 'Ring out the Old, Bring in the New' challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun technique! I have never tried that on my Gelli plate. Love all the vibrant colours, and of course all the rubber stamping ;-) Thank you for using my stamps on this cool project!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful make and tutorial! Great technique!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Branka DTx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to see your technique and see all those wonderful bright colors! I love that you created a masterboard, so you can make several projects from this beauty! Thank you for joining our Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great work! I love all the colours and layers. Thank you for joining Our Challenge at Scrappiness- Hugs, DT Helga <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice tutorial and result:) Thanks for joining our challange at Scrappiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent tutorial, so different and its made me want to dig out my gelli plate! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those colors immediately caught my eye in the gallery. What a surprise to see this tutorial. So you adhere them to your project glossy side up?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave me a comment! Hugses and hugses and warm wishes ♥